Wednesday, February 4, 2015

What I Wore: The 60s Shift Edition

Ah, estate sale shopping. That is the life. If my day job could be hunting for gems at estate sales, I'd be one happy camper. Unfortunately, it's just a hobby for now, but when you hit a jackpot it's oh-so-satisfying! I stumbled across a gorgeous collection that belonged to a little stylish lady who travled a lot in her lifetime with her husband. The collection of souvenir plates in their home was out of this world. But, naturally, I gravitated towards the closets and I was not disappointed. This little number is definitely one of my favorites that I picked up recently. So simple, yet so eye catching with it's delicately detailed collar and sleeves.

I think the piece was definitely handmade either at home or at a seamstress, because there are no tags and the finishing doesn't look mass-produced. However, it was made by someone who knew what they were doing. It's made to be fitted in all the right places, but loose and swingy by the hips. Just the perfect shape if you're the bombshell type (ah-hem, I'm thinking Joan from Madmen here).

Outfit Details:
Tan Booties - Target (a couple years ago, but if they release these again I'm buying another pair)
Earrings - Thrifted
White Faux Fur Jacket - H&M (Similar from one of my affliates FOREVER 21 Collarless Faux Fur Jacket Taupe)

The necklace from this outfit was also an amazing find from a vintage jewelry haul I scored a while back. It's also up for sale in the Etsy store, although I am seriously considering taking it down after spending some time with it. It's really a great and versatile piece. 

(Side note: I look uncomfortable here because it was really freaking cold out this day. There weren't very many pictures that didn't look like I was shivering, but I had to get the natural light because I'm a nut job.)




I think I was telling my boyfriend to turn the camera, but I really like how he caught my Twiggy make-up here so there you go!



There you have it folks! A good, old-fashioned outfit post in the freezing cold. I hope you liked it! :)

What's the best thing you've ever found thrifting?

If you liked this post, there will plenty more where that came from! Follow me on your network of choice (FacebookInstagramTwitterPinterest, or Bloglovin) to know when the next post goes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...